#navbar-iframe { display: none !important; } -->

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Sally Hansen Fast Dry Nail Color Pen

Because I have a compulsion... when I visited a CVS for some health and beauty essentials... dontcha know I'd stumble over to the cosmetics aisle for some items I don't need. What made its way into my basket... but Sally Hansen's Color Quick Fast Dry Nail Color Pen. I was super pumped for some Pink Chrome nails. (very rockin')

The nail polish pen is uber convenient. You can paint your nails virtually anywhere without the worry of knocking over a full bottle of polish -- ruining everything in sight. That ease comes with a price though... to the tune of $9. Here's the company's pitch: here So far, there's not a ton of colors to choose from. However, the colors shown on the website look pretty... although very pastel.

I sat down like an eager beaver to paint... and was very pissed at the result. Since I was looking for a glam girl color called "Pink Chrome"... you could imagine my utter disappointment when my fingertips looked like Easter eggs. The lavender is not rockin'.

At first I thought someone had stuffed a purple polish into the pink packaging, but untrue. As you can see, the pen says "Pink Chrome," but the strip on the pen looks purple. WTF Sally? Your reputation is better than this.

I decided to hit all 10 tips and go with it, though. If lavender is your color, it'd be awesome... if you had the psychic ability to know that you should buy pink to get purple of course.

The downside of the painting pen is streaking. There's more brush than there is polish. My first coat of paint went on a lot more smoothly than the second. It was very streaky -- like I was pulling the polish off instead of adding more. This may have more to do with technique (I will admit). Also, two days later... major chipping... despite a top coat (Sally Hansen INSTA-DRI [which I HIGHLY recommend])

Overall, I don't give this product a high rating. I give this product a 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment